LAUREL HIGHLANDS HORSE PULLING ASSOCIATION BOUNTY RULES
1. 1. L.H.H.P.A will determine which pulls are bounty pulls
2. 2. Lightweight horses must be weighed on L.H.H.P.A scales or scales approved by L.H.H.P.A in order
to set or win the bounty. Lightweight teams must weight 3400 lbs. or less.
3. 3. Horses must pass a ZERO tolerance drug test to win or set the bounty.
4. 4. L.H.H.P.A will keep records and let the pullers know before each bounty contest what the bounty
load is for each class.
5. 5. L.H.H.P.A will keep records and let pullers know how much the bounty is worth for each class
before the bounty contest.
6. 6. All teams crossing the bounty load must drug tested. If drug test is refused, the team will not be
eligible for the bounty.
7. 7. Only the winner of the contest can win the bounty money unless they fail the drug test. If the
winner fails drug test, the second place team is eligible for the bounty provided they crossed the
bounty load and passed the drug test.
8. 8. Weight increments will never be increased more than the previous increment.
*Exception see rule 11.
9. 9. If two teams cross the previous bounty load, 50 lbs. will be added to the new load. If three teams
cross the previous bounty load within the contest, 100 lbs will be added to the new load. If four
or more teams cross the previous bounty load within the contest, 200 lbs will be added to the
10. 10. A team must cross a new bounty load in order to win the bounty.
11. 11. If no one can force a team to hook to the new bounty load within the contest, they can still hook
to the new bounty load provided they crossed the last load within the contest.
For example: if the existing bounty load in 3800 lbs and a team crosses 3600 lbs and the contest
is over, that team can hook to 3850 lbs and try to win the bounty. If that team then crosses the
bounty load, they must pay $100.00 for a drug test. If the team passes the drug test, they will
receive the bounty money and be reimbursed for the drug test.
12. Winners of the bounty will be paid once drug test results come back.